league of creative interventionists fellows
// AKRON, OH
The League of Creative Interventionists, an organization dedicated to using public art to reimagine the social and physical landscape of our cities, is currently accepting fellowship applications for four new fellows. Supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the League of Creative Interventionists Fellowship Program is currently accepting applications from residents based in Akron, Ohio who are eager to create vibrant public spaces and engage communities to prompt curiosity, creativity, and connection.
Fellows will lead the Akron League chapter, and facilitate creative interventions in their city once a quarter. The Akron chapter is part of a network of League chapters in cities around the US and the world. The Fellowship is open to anyone living in Akron. Applicants are encourage to apply by October 12, 2016. Please read through the following description and apply using the form below.
- Work together as a team of four to carry out creative interventions in Akron
- Recruit members for the League chapter and organize monthly meetups and brainstorming sessions
- Facilitate and build a creative intervention once a quarter
- Share League chapter updates and interventions online and on the chapter facebook page
- Attend a quarterly call with League fellows from other cities
- Create video, photo, marketing, and social media assets to support the League chapter
- Document all interventions and create short videos to share online
- Devote an average of 5 hours a week to being a League fellow for a minimum of 1 year with an option to stay on a second year
- Attend a yearly convening of all League leaders from each League chapter
- Passion for art, community, and organizing events and projects
- Strong will to create social and civic change
- A diverse network within their city of thinkers and creators
- Vision to lead a group of creative members, including working closely with a Videographer and Communications Manager
- Capacity to commit time and energy to the League chapter
- Monthly stipend of $250 each
- Funding for interventions
- Access to League chapter assets: website, mailing list, supporting templates for interventions, logo, t-shirts, etc.
- Opportunity to grow their social and professional network in their city
- Be at the forefront of a growing creative movement to use public space in new and engaging ways
Apply below! Applications are due by October 12, 2016.