Creative Interventionist Fellowship
The League of Creative Interventionists (LOCI) is a non-profit organization that creates public art and cultural programs with communities to tell real and just narratives, create empathetic spaces, and develop powerful leaders.
The League Fellowship Program elevates passionate neighborhood residents to connected and powerful leaders. The program provides them with both the resources to reimagine their neighborhood with powerful acts of culture and also valuable access to a national network of peers and mentors.
Fellows and mentors from each city will come together for the annual Creative Interventionist Convening and learning trip at the beginning of their Fellowship in March. Fellows will learn from experienced artists and community organizers how to plan their projects, gain budgeting and management tools, and facilitate meetings. Fellows will participate in workshops to amplify the impact of their projects, and draw inspiration from the projects of other Fellows and mentors.
Each project will measure its impact in neighborhood perception change, creating new social relationships, and generating leadership and job opportunities as measured by LOCI impact metrics.
This is a one year initiative from March 2018-March 2019.
- Carry out their project over a 12-month period in a specific neighborhood where they are familiar with the challenges and opportunities that exist
- Collaborate with neighborhood residents and existing local organizations in that neighborhood
- Propel co-creative action at a neighborhood scale in partnership with community leaders, local organizations and residents in Akron
- Create projects that present equitable, sustainable and generative opportunities for communities
- Fully support their own project including project timelines, budget management, marketing and outreach, etc. with support from a mentor
- Bring on a Future Leader to assist them and see the fellowship process who can potentially become a future Fellow
- Attend a quarterly call with League fellows from other cities
- Create written and video documentation of their project for blogs, social media, etc.
- Attend a yearly convening of all League leaders from each League chapter
- Passion for their community
- Strong will to create social and civic change
- Desire to be a powerful leader for their community and in their city
- Capacity to commit an average of 5 hours a week to being a League fellow for one year
- A stipend of $500 per month
- A budget for project materials
- Access to established community leaders in their city
- Paid travel and accommodations to a Fellowship city for the 2018 National Creative Interventionists Convening in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Opportunity to grow their social and professional network in their city
- Be at the forefront of a growing creative movement to reimagine neighborhoods and cities
Apply if you:
1) are passionate about doing a project in your neighborhood
2) can commit to the full year program
3) have around 10-15 hours per week to spend on the project
4) are able to attend the national convening from April 13-15 2018 in Charlotte
Let us know if you are interested in sponsoring a Fellowship Program in Your City.
Learn more about our 2017 Fellows HERE.