VOLUNTEER WITH US
The League of Creative Interventionists is a national non-profit organization that creates public art and cultural programs with communities that tell real and just narratives, generate empathetic spaces, and develop powerful leaders.
If you want contribute your time and skills to the organization in other ways not listed here please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and let us know how you want to help. Thanks!
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist in building our programs in the following ways:
// Volunteer Marketing Associate
Our Volunteer Marketing Associate will create communications that tell the story of our work in impactful ways. This includes blog posts, social media, event and project outreach, and more.
• Create unique, creative communications to be published on various marketing platforms
• Create blog posts, press releases, and other written material
• Research and outreach for press opportunities
• Manage social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
• Opportunity to take on special projects
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated interest in the field of PR, communications, or marketing
• Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Computer skills, Google Docs, Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
• Gain experience at a unique non-profit that has a national impact
• Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
• Increase your understanding of and alignment with urban issues
• Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
• Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals
• For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Minimum 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
APPLY at the bottom of the page.
// Volunteer Event Producer
We are seeking an event producer to help create an impactful fundraising event for the organization at the end of March 2018. You will be working with the Volunteer Event Director and organization staff to put together this creative and fun event.
• Supporting the Event Director in organizing the event in late March 2018
• Securing sponsorship from local businesses on behalf of the event and the organization
• Carrying out research to identify individuals and companies who could be targeted to attend this event
• Contacting previous supporters of the organizations & previous events to encourage them to attend
• Working with local media to promote the event
• Using your initiative and acting proactively when presented with potential opportunities to promote this event
• Promptly responding to inquiries and supporting attendees as required
• Working with other volunteers to help handle the day-to-day logistics of the event
• Volunteering on the evening of the event
• An interest in events management and fundraising
• Determination to make the event a success
• Ability to respond proactively to new opportunities
• Strong research skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work well with staff and other volunteers as part of a team but also on your own initiative
• Based in Bay Area
• Opportunity to develop new and existing skills in areas such as event management, fundraising, marketing and communication
•Enjoyment of meeting new people in your community and working as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team
• Satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the work of the organization
2-3 hrs/week until late March, opportunity for future event planning after that.
APPLY at the bottom of the page.